Worth the read, an RJ's story about
One family's struggle -and success- getting the correct treatment for an inherited bleeding disorder.
Hemophilia affects girls too...
The process is easy. Simply fill out the online vehicle donation form on the national website or call 1-855-NHF-4-CAR. Your vehicle (running or not), is picked up free of charge, sold for you, and a portion of the proceeds come directly to the Nevada Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF-NV).
This unique giving opportunity not only helps you clean out your garage but also supports our mission to fund vital research and provide key educational programs and public policy initiatives for people with bleeding disorders.
Help to support comprehensive hemophilia care in the state of Nevada.
Assist with ensuring emergency factor availability in hospitals statewide
Sponsorship of educational programs for consumers and healthcare providers
Sponsor youth ages 7-17 to Hemophilia Summer Camp
Distribution of educational materials Publish informational newsletter
Assist clients with insurance denials and reimbursement problems
Host Consumer Social Events such as picnics and Holiday Parties
Telephone peer support network and youth group
• Improve consumer and healthcare provider education about inherited bleeding disorders
• Promote and support comprehensive hemophilia care in Nevada
• Raise the awareness of bleeding disorders
• Serve as a resource center for distributing educational and informational materials
• Diminish geographic and insurance/reimbursement barriers to receiving adequate care
“To improve the quality of care and life for people with hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and other inherited bleeding disorders, through education, peer support and advocacy.”